Willis Dady provides a variety of services to our clients to help end the cycle of homelessness:
Services we provide to our clients:
- Housing for single men and families for a time that is determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Laundry facilities
- Sunday meals
- Local bus tickets
- The case manager assists our clients in identifying needs, barriers, strengths, and challenges in an effort to set achievable goals.
- The case manager offers referrals, advocacy, weekly meetings, educational sessions, and transportation to clients to increase their awareness of self and services, decrease barriers, and connect to additional supportive services. These services include health, treatment and employment programs.
- The goal of case management is to help clients develop an awareness of support networks or social services will be available when clients exit shelter, so they are more likely to have the capacity to address future barriers, increase self-sufficiency, and maintain permanent housing.
- Parenting classes
- Classes on assisting children with homework
- Budget counseling classes
- Landlord-tenant workshops
- Sexual health classes
Provides crisis prevention and intervention for all ages. Mentoring, support services, and activities for youth and teens in shelter.
Abbe Center for Community Mental Health
Abbe Homeless Outreach Coordinator provides screening in shelter for counseling/medication needs and presents at the Educational/Life Skills session on coping with anxiety, depression, and stress.
HACAP Chronically Homeless Program
Permanent supportive housing option for the chronically homeless population in shelter.
Offering Day-Program activities and resources for single moms and children at Madge Phillips Center.
Area Substance Abuse Council (ASAC)
Inpatient, outpatient, and transitional programs for clients struggling with substance abuse, and presents at the Educational/Life Skills session on addiction and recovery
Iowa Legal Aid
Legal services for low-income clients, and presents at the Educational/Life Skills session on landlord/tenant law.
Iowa Workforce Development
Connecting employers with job seekers and presents at the Educational/Life Skills session on interviewing skills, applications, and resume building.
Variety of counseling options and presents at the Educational/Life Skills session on budgeting and credit.
Linn Community Care Homeless Clinic and Outreach
Healthcare screenings at shelter and follow-up visits at clinic.
Young Parents Network
Workshops and support groups to help custodial parents with parenting and non-custodial fathers find ways to effectively re-connect with their children.